Suppose you are in a position where you need to upgrade/migrate your existing SLA configurations, including SLAs, SLA Items, KPI Items, and associated workflows from one environment to another. In that case, this is how you do it.
Thanks to Amol Doere and Soumyashree Das for contributing this documentation to GitHub. I was having difficulty finding it within docs.microsoft.com. Most of what I could find were pre-advanced SLA or articles about migrating from legacy SLAs to enhanced SLAs.
Enable Calendar Export/Import
Do this to both the Source and Target environment.
- Goto Customer Service Admin Centre
- Service Terms
- Other SLA Settings
- Set Enable Calendar Export and Import to Yes
Package your SLA within a solution
- Open your solution file
- Add Existing > Rules > SLA, and select the SLA you wish to export
- Export solution package
- Import solution package into the target Environment
- Newly imported SLAs in your target environment are created as Draft, they will now need to be activated.
Common Issue when Importing SLAs via Solution Package
A common issue when trying to import a solution with an SLA, is that the the calendar GUID does not match in the target environment. And as such will fail upon import.
A workaround for this issue is to perform the following steps.
- Create a calendar in target org which is the same as you are trying to import.
- Replace Guid of the calendar in target org in solution customization.xml for all SLA items. For Example:
- Suppose we have 2 calendars, Calendar-1 and calendar-2 and 10 SLAItems as SLAItem-1 to SLAItem-10.
- SLAItem-1 to SlaItem-5 is attached to calendar-1, and SLAItem-6 to SLAItem-10 is attached to Calendar-2.
- then we need to update the Guid of calendar-1 in SLAitem-1 to SLAItem-5 one we created in target org, which is similar to calendar-1 and Guid of Calendar-2 in SLAItem-6 to SLAItem-10 one we created in target org, which is similar to calendar-2.
- Remove the calendar folder from the solution, which has come from source org.
- Import solution in target org with legacy UI and overwrite customisations.
- This way, all SLA items will be linked to the calendar in the target org after importing.